Tips to make your season the best ever
By: Sarona Winfrey
The holidays are a time of joy for many, with parties to plan and attend, and oh so many gifts to buy; others, however, can only take a deep breath and prepare for the stress sure to overtake them. The good news is a little organization and pre-planning can help keep your world running smoothly through the holidays.
La Palmera and The Shops at La Palmera offer more than 130 retail and dining options, meaning you’ll likely find nearly every item on your gift list. So, do some pre-planning to make the most of your time and money.
• Make a gift list, and stick with it. That way, you’re less likely to make impulse buys and blow your budget.
• Know where you’re going. Before you leave your house, organize your list to know what you need and where you plan to shop for it.
• Plan your stops. Go online to lapalmera.com to our directory and find where your favorite stores are located and group your stops by proximity before you arrive.
• Who has the best deals? You can find sales and promotions info on our website at lapalmera.com, or on our Facebook page. Our concierge staff can also help you find items you may be looking for.
Now that you have a game plan, what other things might make your shopping easier?
• Coupon clutter. Don’t just stuff all those coupons in your bag; you’ll likely forget what you have. Go through and pull the ones that match items on your gift list and keep them with the list. That way, they’re top of mind and ready to use when you get to the register.
• Know where to park. At La Palmera, you’ll find plenty of free parking, including a covered garage between Dillard’s and Macy’s, as well as valet parking conveniently located at the mall’s main entrance. And our security team is always happy to escort you to your car; just stop by security or the concierge to make your request.
• Need help getting around?
If you need assistance getting someone around the mall, stop by the concierge for stroller and wheelchair rental.
• Will I have enough time? La Palmera has extended holiday hours through Dec. 31. Go to lapalmera.com for a complete schedule.
Have a holiday party to attend – or to host? The La Palmera Shopping District can help.
• Look your best. You’ll find a variety of stores, including Francesca’s, DSW and Charming Charlie for the perfect outfit, shoes and accessories for her, as well as a number of salons and specialty stores, such as ULTA and MAC for the perfect hair and makeup. Guys can also find the right look at Express Men, as well as Dillard’s, JCPenney and Macy’s.
• Host with the most. In addition to the three department stores, we also have HomeGoods and T.J. Maxx where you’re sure to find just the right holiday décor and entertainment pieces. Many of our restaurants also offer catering to make your party complete.
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions and holiday shopping dilemmas we hear from our guests:
• When’s the best time to see Santa? Santa will be available for visits and photos in Center Court during mall hours through Dec. 24. Weekends and evenings are generally the busiest, of course, so if you are able to bring your child during the day, particularly in the morning hours, your wait time might be less. Lines also tend to get longer the closer we get to Christmas, so don’t wait until the last minute.
• Need ideas for an office gift exchange. The Beef Jerky Outlet and Bourbon Street Candy Company have some incredibly tasty treats, or perhaps candles and decorative items at Hallmark.
• What about kids? You’ll find a variety
of clothing and shoe stores just for kids, as well as Toys R Us Express, Build-A-Bear and GameStop for popular gifts.
• What about foodies? How about a night out at LongHorn Steakhouse, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Grimaldi’s Pizzeria or Chili’s Grill & Bar, or even a gift card from these restaurants and other dining spots found in the La Palmera Cafes Food Court?
• Just don’t know or can’t decide what to buy. Pick up a La Palmera gift card. Available at the concierge or online at lapalmera.com in increments from $10 to $500, the cards are good at most La Palmera and The Shops at La Palmera retail and dining locations.
For more information on La Palmera and The Shops at La Palmera, including hours, a directory and map, as well as directions, go online to www.lapalmera.com, find us on Facebook or call 361-991-5718.