New year, new beginnings – your wedding, your way
By: Sylvia Slezak
Here are a few tips to help you have a wedding day full of wows and not woes.
Things you need to consider when planning your big day:
• Wedding date and venue for the ceremony and reception
• Bride and bridal party attire
• Guest list and Invitations
• Caterer (if that isn’t part of the venue package)
• Hair, makeup, manicure and pedicure
• Entertainment, musicians and DJs
• Limousine service
• Rehearsal dinner
• Wedding planner
• Gifts from the bride and groom to their wedding parties
• Allow plenty of time to plan and decide on details.
• Document everything, including phone calls, phone numbers, who you spoke with and what was offered.
• Insist on detailed contracts and refund policies.
• Avoid paying in full upfront.
• Pay with a credit card and only as services are rendered.
• Invest in wedding insurance that covers everything from a torn wedding dress to a family member stuck at the airport.
Before, during and after your wedding day:
• Wow your wedding guests with a white-dove release.
• De-stress with a body massage at a day spa.
• Spend a romantic honeymoon or anniversary in your own villa for a week.
• Find your dream home, and experience coastal living.
Center photo by Padre Ryan Weddings & Events (www.padreryan.com)
1/ Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds (www.rmbfairgrounds.com)
2/ Sparkling City Photo Booth & DJ (www.sparklingcityphotobooth.com)
3/ Janet’s Cakery (janetscakery.com)
4/ The Blossom Shop Florist (www.blossomshopcc.com/wiki/bsf/home)
5/ Bridal Boutique & After Five (www.bridalboutiqueandafterfive.com)
6/ Moments in Paradise (www.mipdayspa.com)
7/ Sparkling City Photo Booth & DJ (www.sparklingcityphotobooth.com)
8/ The Limousine Company (www.tlc-limo.com)
9/ Birds of Paradise Snow-White Dove Releases (www.whitebirdsofparadise.com)
10/ Moments in Paradise (www.mipdayspa.com)
11/ Villa La Casita (www.villalacasita.net)
12/ Century21 Lee Real Estate (www.century21leerealestate.com)
For more information, visit www.cityof.com or call 888-785-0500. You may also contact Sylvia Slezak, marketing director, at email@example.com or 361-883-4420.